Alter Summit Assembly - 5th & 6th of March 2015 - Program
Rue Watteeu 2, 1000 Bruxelles
Thursday March 5
10:00 – 10:30 : Introduction
10:30 – 13:30 : Climate issues in 2015
In 2015, different mobilizations are planned in Europe on climate issues. They will culminate in Paris in November and December around the COP21 Conference.
How Alter Summit, and more widely the social movement, can seize this theme and contribute to the success of these mobilizations ? The discussion will also address the social issues behing the climate change.
- Julien Rivoire, member of the French Climate Coalition 21 & Alter Summit
- Daniel Tanuro, specialist on Ecological Politics
- Annabella Rosemberg, Environment & occupational health officer at ITUC
14:30 – 17:30 : TTIP in 2015
2015 will be a crucial year for TTIP. Its supporters want to accelerate the negociations while resistance is growing in Europe. We will address during the discussion the challenges for the social movement, specially the international day of action on 18th of April and the balance of power within the European Parliament.
- Bruno Poncelet, animator of the Plateform No Transat
- John Hillary, War on Want, specialist on TTIP and the links with the social and trade union movement
- Philippe Lamberts, MEP Green group, very active in trade and fiscality issues
Friday March 6
9:30 – 16:30 : Greek elections, austerity and resistance in Europe
Greek elections are a great victory for people and social movement in Greece. But it is also a breath of fresh air for all Europeans.
How to take advantage of this victory ? Wich role for the social movements in Europe in this new context ? How to strengthen and make viable alternative policies ?
- Representative of Syriza
- Natasa Theodorakopoulou, Syriza & Alter Summit
- Gil Lizcano, Circulo Podemos Brussels
- Carmen San José, MATS Madrid (Health, Marea Blanca) & Podemos (tbc)